So life got a little busy. This month I have resigned from my job and accepted an offer for a studentship (PhD). Yes its caused some paperwork and kicked the day job up into high gear. On top of the usual children's birthdays and find a school for the first born.
So general short update. PLATOterm on the ZX is looking good and a few bugs removed. Thom is thinking about a large overhaul. I have started looking at buffering the RX data, which after some testing does seem to improve performance. The size of the buffer and time to fill needs to fit with the screen timings. Generally leads me to think there is a need to time to code more efficiently to the screen. There could be some performance gains from the screen draw routines, I have yet to venture into that code.
I opened up a small project called snapCterm, which is a ANSI 80 column terminal using the ANSI driver in z88dk. The initial testing of connecting to a BBS is working. There was a need to create the extended font set and then work out how to implement the extended fonts in z88dk.
There is an interesting bug or not quite correct implementation of screen scrolling in ANSI drivers. ROM scroll is being used I think, which applies default attributes (black on white) to the new line. Problem with this is all BBS systems assume white on black, so you get nasty white lines feeding from the bottom on scroll. I managed to fix the scrolling line attributes, only to then find if a carriage return/line feed scrolls the screen. Again using the ROM code. So the dirty attribute bash I did using Ivan's ASM routine to paint attributes needs extending!
Life is changing, life is busy!
Me, slightly crazy engineer type. Generalist in nature, hardware or software with nonspecialist skill set.